Sunday, April 29, 2012

Blog Post #13

No Technology
To be honest I really did not think I could do this activity. I thought to myself who could really go one full day without using technology. Then the unthinkable happened; My cell phone went dead and it would not charge, Saturday night. It was my only form of technology in the home. We do not have the internet and I am not a huge television person. My cellphone is my lifeline. So I did not complete the activity for 24 hours, but for about 12 hours I did go without technology. It was very difficult to go without using technology. It has become a part of my everyday life. I use my cell phone for talking, setting appointments, news updates, school, and for social networking. Everything I do involves my phone. Once my cell phone went dead I found other things to do to occupy my time. I read a novel, I used the land line to talk, and I even read the newspaper. I think since I have become so dependent upon my cell phone it has made me quite lazy. I did not even want to roll over and look at my clock to check the time. The time was always so convenient in the palm of my hands on my phone! My friends did not make the assignment any easier they were a distraction. They sent me sms and mms messages, that i just could not ignore. I became bored and I surfed Facebook, Twitter, and StyleTag. I believe by the time I start teaching that technology will be even more major than what it is now. I will have to be prepared and very well equipped on the various forms of technology to effectively teach my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment